Kaniva Shire Hall The heritage listed Kaniva Shire Hall was built in 1927 and opened in 1929. It is one of two public buildings in Victoria to feature a cameo ceiling. The upstairs features the old council chambers and the downstairs offices are now used by the genealogy group. In days gone by, the hall was also used as a cinema and roller skating rink. The hall can be viewed by visiting the West Wimmera Shire Council offices in Baker St adjacent to the hall during office hours. It is now used for a variety of community events and is available for private hire. It was recently restored to include accessibility features of ramps and doors. Commercial Hotel Built in 1928, The Commercial Hotel is a fine example of pre-art-deco architecture. It is well worth a visit after significant five year renovation to restore it to its former glory. It features a lead light ceiling over its sweeping staircase, pressed tin ceilings, ladies room and historic visiting dentist room. More info.
Commercial Street A number of buildings have retained their facades and information plaques can be found on the outside of the buildings. A free heritage walking tour can be accessed via the Actionbound App beginning at the Kaniva Visitor Information Centre.